Okta SAML SSO feature is a paid feature.
If you’re using Infisical Cloud, then it is available under the Pro Tier. If you’re self-hosting Infisical, then you should contact [email protected] to purchase an enterprise license to use it.
- In Infisical, head over to your organization Settings > Authentication > SAML SSO Configuration and select Set up SAML SSO. Next, copy the Single sign-on URL and Audience URI (SP Entity ID) to use when configuring the Okta SAML 2.0 application.
- In the Okta Admin Portal, select Applications > Applications from the navigation. On the Applications screen, select the Create App Integration button.
- In the Create a New Application Integration dialog, select the SAML 2.0 radio button:
- On the General Settings screen, give the application a unique name like Infisical and select Next.
- On the Configure SAML screen, set the Single sign-on URL and Audience URI (SP Entity ID) from step 1.
If you’re self-hosting Infisical, then you will want to replace
https://app.infisical.com with your own domain.
- Also on the Configure SAML screen, configure the Attribute Statements to map:
id -> user.id,
email -> user.email,
firstName -> user.firstName
lastName -> user.lastName
Once configured, select Next to proceed to the Feedback screen and select Finish.
- Get IdP values
Once your application is created, select the Sign On tab for the app and select the View Setup Instructions button located on the right side of the screen:
Copy the Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL, the Identity Provider Issuer, and the X.509 Certificate to use when finishing configuring Okta SAML in Infisical.
Back in Infisical, set Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL, Identity Provider Issuer, and Certificate to X.509 Certificate from above. Once you’ve done that, press Update to complete the required configuration.
- Finally, navigate to the Assignments tab and select Assign
You can assign access to the application on a user-by-user basis using the Assign to People option, or in-bulk using the Assign to Groups option.
At this point, you have configured everything you need within the context of the Okta Admin Portal.
- Return to Infisical and enable SAML SSO.
Enabling SAML SSO enforces all members in your organization to only be able to log into Infisical via Okta.