Infisical will update periodically the provided database user’s password.
At present Infisical do require access to your database. We will soon be released Infisical agent based rotation which would help you rotate without direct database access from Infisical cloud.
- User’s has to create the two user’s for Infisical to rotate and provide them required database access
- Infisical will connect with your database with admin access
- If last rotated one was username1, then username2 is chosen to be rotated
- Update it’s password with random value
- After testing it gets saved to the provided secret mapping
- Head over to Secret Rotation configuration page of your project by clicking on side bar
- Click on
- Provide the inputs
- Admin Username: DB admin username
- Admin Password: DB admin password
- Host: DB host
- Port: DB port(number)
- Username1: The first username in two to rotate
- Username2: The second username in two to rotate
- CA: Certificate to connect with database(string)
- Final step
Intervalto rotate the secrets
- Finally select the secrets in your provided board to replace with new secret after each rotation
- Your done and good to go.
Congrats. You have 10x your PostgreSQL/CockroachDB access security.